What is your setup, and what kinda gigging/music do you all do?

Jazz Paladin

Re: What is your setup, and what kinda gigging/music do you all do?

Post by Jazz Paladin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:35 am

10mfan wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:04 am
For tenor, I am using 10MFAN Generation ll Robusto and Showtime mouthpieces. I have so much fun with both.
On alto, the 10MFAN Showboat 8...my dream alto mouthpiece. Full and has tons of power available.
I have a 282,xxx Conn 10M, and a Barone Vintage tenor sax that I enjoy a ton.
I only do Jazz gigs these days. No more society type gigs anymore. Life is so much better when you can make that choice and only take gigs you know will be fun to play.
How do the Barone and Conn compare? I tried getting a Barone vintage this summer but eBays Global Shipping warehouse stole the great deal I got winning my auction by confiscating and reposting the listing with a thousand dollar markup. Still pissed about that, so I am trying a Martin tenor and Trevor James and still looking for something new that excites me. Not quit finding it for tenor yet, but did find some good altos.
Jazz Paladin. Maker of jazzy video game cover songs. Check out Jazz Paladin VGM covers on FB, Spotify, and more.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/jazzpaladinVGM/

Tsax97

Post by Tsax97 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:35 pm

I play a Selmer Mk VI tenor w/a metal FL Otto Link 8* ,mpc. My reeds are Rico #2.5 and Queens # 2.5. Big is a Silver Selmer lis for metal Macs.

Alto is a Cannonball Big Bell Bare Brass w/an old White Brilhart Tonalin 3* mpc. My reed is a LaVoz Med Hard. Big is an old Rovner.

I also have a Black Laquer Cannonball Big Bell tenor as my backup horn.

These days I am mostly playing combo gigs, 4 pieces or smaller playing jazz, standards, bossa's blues etc.

I used the same setups when I was in my Navy Bands. Back then I also played a lot of clarinet. Lig is an Eddie Daniels/Rovner lis w/D'Addario Reservde Classic 3.5 reeds.

I also do a lot of teaching using the same setups.

I use to do a lot of shows going back & forth between tenor and clarinet or alto and clarinet.

SteveC

Post by SteveC » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Tsax97, i spent 20 years in Navy Bands.....do we know each other?

Return to “Member Setups”