Greetings fellow sax geeks

Say hello, or be shy
buasop69

Greetings fellow sax geeks

Post by buasop69 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:45 am

Hello,
I am William Bua. I was a member of that other forum until I got into a heated argument with one of their sacred cow corporate sponsors who's line of Chinese made saxophones no longer exist. Harry booted me and I got out of the forum business and the sax flipping business and moved to New Orleans where I am a meat and potatoes musician or at least I was before covid. Now like the rest of y-all, I wait. We all wait to go back to playing gigs and seeing more than 5 people in a room. If you think I sound punchy, I probably am. I hope this place isn't like sotw

Tranechaser

Re: Greetings fellow sax geeks

Post by Tranechaser » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:25 am

Hi Bill, welcome! I’ve chatted with you in the past, it was a great conversation! Glad to see you over here.

Horned Toad

Post by Horned Toad » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:05 pm

" I hope this place isn't like sotw"

It isn't, and it won't be. Punchy is encouraged.
I started this joint and I am feeling rather old skool at this point; back to the days of real internet forums.

10mfan

Post by 10mfan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:31 pm

Hi Bill! Hope you are well. Good to hear from you again.

andre251

Post by andre251 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:34 am

Welcome! It does seem the people who spend a lot of time at that other place have found ways to profit off of it. The ones that profit openly selling are cool. But the other people.....

I myself really hope to play again soon! I also hope to be able to discuss the saxophone online and not get bullied by amateurs every time I discuss advanced topics.

Horned Toad

Post by Horned Toad » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:43 am

andre251 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:34 am
I also hope to be able to discuss the saxophone online and not get bullied by amateurs every time I discuss advanced topics.
That is not going to happen here, no way. I saw how they either encouraged or ignored the development of cliques and a culture of bullying and negativity and I want none of that. I don't mind a good controversy or debate so critique is good if accurate, but really that just became a free attack zone for the grumpy and gatekeepers. Basically on that site there is a rather huge number of people who don't really play yet established some kind of social status perch that they could never get in real life from which to just piss on people on that site. That is just not going to be a possibility here.

Tranechaser

Post by Tranechaser » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:34 pm

andre251 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:34 am
I also hope to be able to discuss the saxophone online and not get bullied by amateurs every time I discuss advanced topics.
Credibility on the other site is based on the gear you brag about owning in your signature line and the amount of posts you have made in the past. I for one would be a much better player if I spent the time practicing that I spend playing around on the forums, same goes for all of those guys.

Return to “Member Introductions”